The Parrish Law Firm was established by principal attorney James R. Parrish, who is a graduate of the University of Virginia, which is consistently ranked among the "Top Ten"law schools in the United States. He is also a former partner in one of the oldest trial law firms in Northern Virginia, whose members included one of the original judges of the Virginia Court of Appeals and three members of the American College of Trial Lawyers, which is widely recognized as the most select group of trial lawyers in the nation.
Mr. Parrish is admitted to and regularly appears in the State and Federal Courts of Virginia. He also handles appellate matters before the Virginia Supreme Court and the Federal Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Furthermore, Mr. Parrish has the honor of having been credited with filing a successful amicus brief in the United States Supreme Court.
Corporations, businesses and law enforcement agencies frequently call upon Mr. Parrish for advice and to conduct seminars for their employees on various legal issues such as risk management.
Mr. Parrish is a resident of Gainesville, VA where he happily resides with his wife and 2 children.Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Member, Prince William County Bar Association
- Member, Fairfax County Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Fairfax Bar Association: Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year
- Board of Directors: Prince William County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Special Guest Lecturer: Fairfax County Criminal Justice Academy (County Sheriff's Office)
- Judge: University of Virginia, School of Law Appellate Argument Competition
- Virginia, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 2001